PLEASE COME TO A SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE NORTH SHOAL CREEK NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, TUESDAY, JULY 24, 6:30-8:00 PM IN THE PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY, 3025 CROSSCREEK DR.
The meeting topic is the three changes made by the Planning Commission to the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan:
1) Allow for more accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and duplexes throughout the residential core by changing all single-family residential zoning to SF-3
2) Up-zone Steck Avenue to allow for missing middle housing. Missing … Read More
Wednesday, July Fourth, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Pillow Elementary School
9:00 a.m.: Gather in the circle drive at the Pillow Elementary School entrance. To be eligible for a prize, register and pick up a number at the Parade Registration Table at Pillow
9:10 a.m.: Brief opening ceremony
9:20 a.m.: The parade begins
10:30 a.m. Raffle winners announced
Be sure to dress in your best patriotic wear.
Prizes Awarded For:
Best bike decoration (adult) Best bike … Read More
On a 10-2 vote, the Austin Planning Commission approved the following changes to our plan at its June 12 meeting:
1) Change zoning along Steck Avenue to allow missing middle housing (missing middle housing includes duplexes, bungalow courts, carriage houses, courtyard apartments, live/work, and small multiplexes)
2) Allow accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and duplexes throughout the neighborhood (currently, both SF-2 and SF-3 single family zoning exist in North Shoal Creek; ADUs and duplexes are allowed only on lots zoned SF-3; … Read More
PLEASE GIVE US A HAND: the volunteer sign up list for our neighborhood July 4th parade and celebration still has several unfilled slots. The unfilled slots include working at the registration table; judging best dressed and other contests; presenting awards; taking down decorations and cleaning up afterwards. Please go to
and sign up for one of the unfilled slots!!! You do not need to be a NSCNA member to volunteer. The more everyone pitches in, the better it’ll be!… Read More
2018 District 7 Budget Talk: Join Council Member Leslie Pool, City Manager Spencer Cronk, and your neighbors throughout District 7 for our Budget Talk! Come share your inputs and learn more about the next City Budget. We want you to help us make decisions by sharing what you would like to see in your community!
Tuesday, June 19th
6:30 to 8:00 PM
Northwest Recreation Center
2913 Northland Dr.
The Budget Talk will be scheduled as shown:
Strategic Outcome Gallery
… Read More
The Tuesday, June 12 carpool to City Hall described in our Summer Newsletter HAS BEEN CANCELLED and will be rescheduled later this summer once we know when our neighborhood plan will be presented to the Austin City Council. For more info, email development [at] nsca [dot] org.… Read More
HERE’S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO COMMENT ON CODENEXT: The Austin City Council is holding its second and last hearing on CodeNEXT at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, June 2 at Austin City Hall; 301 W. 2nd Street This link takes you to info on signing up if you want to speak there: http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=297801… Read More
Here’s a message from the Gracywoods Neighborhood Association. This should be an interesting meeting. Did you know the location is on the east side of Burnet, just south of Braker Lane?
“Subject: Meet the developer for the proposed MLS soccer stadium 5/3 @7p.m.
Join us and let us know what do you think about the proposal to build a new soccer stadium on the City owned land behind Discount Tires on Braker and Burnet Road (near UT’s JJ Pickle and … Read More
Guidelines for a successful meeting: We want to keep the meeting moving forward and to keep everyone interested and engaged.
1. Let’s keep our comments shorter when many people want to speak. It’s courteous and you will hold people’s attention better.
2. After you’ve asked a question, give others an opportunity to ask a question before you ask another.
3. Let’s not talk over each other.
4. Let’s keep side conversations to a minimum.
5. If there’s a lot of … Read More