•Residences within 200 feet of Buell Avenue could be adversely affected by the proposed new zoning on Buell Avenue. The city’s proposed new zoning violates the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan and calls for massively dense redevelopment on Buell (MU5B-Q zoning) which is the most intense mixed-use zone and will allow residential, commercial, or mixed-use buildings up to 60 feet/5 stories, with an additional 30 feet/3 stories allowed with multifamily residences up to 5 to 7 or 8 … Read More
Council just passed Draft 2 of Austin’s revised Land Development Code. There’s still one more vote – to be held in late March or early April — to go. Here’s what happens to single-family housing in North Shoal Creek:
- 26 homes on Rockwood, Boxdale, Firwood and Steck are rezoned to R4.
- R4 is the least intense transition zoning and allows for up to 8 units per lot.
- All other single-family homes in North Shoal Creek are rezoned to R2A.
… Read More
The North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan (NSCNP) Contact Team will meet:
• Thursday, February 13, 6:30 pm to 7:55 pm at
• First Texas Honda Dealership Conference Room, 3400 Steck Avenue.
Agenda for the meeting will include the following:
• Election of officers for unexpired terms.
• Property at 8703/7703 N. MoPac.
• Draft Land Development Code.
• Priorities of Neighborhood Plan actions.
You can become a member of the contact team if you:
• Own neighborhood property,
• Rent … Read More
The 3M Half Marathon is Sunday, January 19, and the route includes Shoal Creek Boulevard. So, expect it to be closed for the runners from about 6 am to noon that Sunday morning. For more info (or to register) go to 3mhalfmarathon.com… Read More
• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
The North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association’s (NSCNA) first General Membership Meeting of 2020 is 6:30-8:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 7 in the Pillow Elementary School Library. Please enter through Pillow’s front door; the library is the first room to your left.
The agenda includes election of the association’s 2020 officers and directors, plus an update on the City of Austin’s Land Development Code Revision.
If you haven’t already paid your $15/household dues for 2020, you can pay by cash or check … Read More
A photo album of the mosaics installed on the Steck Avenue Bridge is now available on NSCNA’s Facebook page at http://facebook.com/nscna, along with a link to the City of Austin Public Works Department photos of the event and a link to the KVUE video that aired as part of its 10:00 p.m. news broadcast on December 14, 2019.
… Read More
NSCNA’s annual Luminaria Walk is Wednesday, December 18, from 6-8 pm at the Pillow Elementary School track. All North Shoal Creek residents are invited to come enjoy a beautiful luminaria walk followed by hot cocoa and cookies with your neighbors.
Arrive early (4 pm) to help set up, or stay late (8-ca. 8:45) to help take down.
Thank you to Austin Telco Federal Credit Union for sponsoring NSCNA’s 2019 Luminaria Walk!
… Read More