NORTH SHOAL CREEK GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MTG. TUESDAY, NOV. 5, 6:30-8 PM in the Pillow Elementary School Library (enter through the school’s front entrance; the Library is the first door to your left).
Agenda will include update on land development code revision.… Read More
NSCNA GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING, TUESDAY, SEPT. 3, 6:30-8:00 PM, PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association
General Membership Meeting @Pillow Elementary School Library September 4, 2018, 6:30 P.M. – 8:15P.M.
Guidelines for a successful meeting: We want to keep the meeting moving forward and to keep everyone interested and engaged. 1. Let’s keep our comments shorter when many people want to speak. It’s courteous and you will hold people’s attention better. 2. After you’ve asked a question, give others an opportunity to ask a question before you ask another. 3. … Read More
CALL TO ACTION: NSC NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN GOES TO CITY COUNCIL THURSDAY AUGUST 9
Dear North Shoal Creek Resident,
The Austin City Council will hold a public hearing and vote on our neighborhood plan during their Thursday, August 9 meeting at City Hall. We need NSC residents to show up and support our plan as it was written and approved by both stakeholders and city staff at the end of our planning process (“our version”). This is an important distinction because the plan Council will be voting on includes three changes made by the … Read More
IMPORTANT FYI: NORTH SHOAL CREEK NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN HEADS TO CITY COUNCIL AUGUST 9
The draft North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan will be presented to City Council for final approval on August 9th, no earlier than 4:00 PM. The public hearing will be in City Council Chambers at City Hall (301 West 2nd Street, Austin, Texas). The draft plan, with Planning Commission’s recommended changes, is available for review in PDF format (12MB file) on the plan web page. The draft plan is also available for review at the North Village Branch Library. The
On a 10-2 vote, the Austin Planning Commission approved the following changes to our plan at its June 12 meeting:
1) Change zoning along Steck Avenue to allow missing middle housing (missing middle housing includes duplexes, bungalow courts, carriage houses, courtyard apartments, live/work, and small multiplexes)
2) Allow accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and duplexes throughout the neighborhood (currently, both SF-2 and SF-3 single family zoning exist in North Shoal Creek; ADUs and duplexes are allowed only on lots zoned SF-3; … Read More
AGENDA AND GUIDELINES FOR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING, PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY, MAY 1, 2018, 6:30-8:15 P.M.
Guidelines for a successful meeting: We want to keep the meeting moving forward and to keep everyone interested and engaged.
1. Let’s keep our comments shorter when many people want to speak. It’s courteous and you will hold people’s attention better.
2. After you’ve asked a question, give others an opportunity to ask a question before you ask another.
3. Let’s not talk over each other.
4. Let’s keep side conversations to a minimum.
5. If there’s a lot of … Read More