Agenda includes 2019 officers election. You need to have paid your 2019 dues to vote. You can pay via cash or check at the meeting or via PayPal online at nscna.org/join-us
*Library is first door to your left when you enter via Pillow’s front door… Read More
North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association
General Membership Meeting @Pillow Elementary School Library September 4, 2018, 6:30 P.M. – 8:15P.M.
Guidelines for a successful meeting: We want to keep the meeting moving forward and to keep everyone interested and engaged. 1. Let’s keep our comments shorter when many people want to speak. It’s courteous and you will hold people’s attention better. 2. After you’ve asked a question, give others an opportunity to ask a question before you ask another. 3. … Read More
Dear North Shoal Creek Resident,
The Austin City Council will hold a public hearing and vote on our neighborhood plan during their Thursday, August 9 meeting at City Hall. We need NSC residents to show up and support our plan as it was written and approved by both stakeholders and city staff at the end of our planning process (“our version”). This is an important distinction because the plan Council will be voting on includes three changes made by the … Read More
PLEASE COME TO A SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE NORTH SHOAL CREEK NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, TUESDAY, JULY 24, 6:30-8:00 PM IN THE PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY, 3025 CROSSCREEK DR.
The meeting topic is the three changes made by the Planning Commission to the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan:
1) Allow for more accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and duplexes throughout the residential core by changing all single-family residential zoning to SF-3
2) Up-zone Steck Avenue to allow for missing middle housing. Missing … Read More
On a 10-2 vote, the Austin Planning Commission approved the following changes to our plan at its June 12 meeting:
1) Change zoning along Steck Avenue to allow missing middle housing (missing middle housing includes duplexes, bungalow courts, carriage houses, courtyard apartments, live/work, and small multiplexes)
2) Allow accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and duplexes throughout the neighborhood (currently, both SF-2 and SF-3 single family zoning exist in North Shoal Creek; ADUs and duplexes are allowed only on lots zoned SF-3; … Read More
Guidelines for a successful meeting: We want to keep the meeting moving forward and to keep everyone interested and engaged.
1. Let’s keep our comments shorter when many people want to speak. It’s courteous and you will hold people’s attention better.
2. After you’ve asked a question, give others an opportunity to ask a question before you ask another.
3. Let’s not talk over each other.
4. Let’s keep side conversations to a minimum.
5. If there’s a lot of … Read More
This is an important meeting; please come. Major topic will be an update on our neighborhood plan which went before the Planning Commission on April 24. NSCNA membership will need to discuss that hearing and talk about what our association’s next steps should be. Also, we hope to have a short presentation by Barbara McArthur of the Brentwood NA on CodeNEXT Draft 3.
- Call to Order / Welcome / Introductions
- Approval of minutes of March 6th General Membership
… Read More
From the Shoal Creek Conservancy’s April 10, 2018 blog:
“In 2018, the Good Neighbor Award goes to the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association for developing the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan, which emphasizes walkability, connectivity, and access to green space.
The purpose of a Neighborhood Plan is to provide an opportunity for community members to shape the future characteristics of a neighborhood where they live, work, or own property.
The North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Planning Area is a one square-mile
… Read More
Please add this to your calendar and please come:
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 6:30-8:00 PM
IN THE PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
Come hear about what’s going on in our ‘hood and
contribute your voice and your opinion… Read More