The following communication from the City of Austin Auditor’s Office is posted for information:
“Dear Neighborhood Association and Community Organization:
SUBJECT: Redistricting Process-Help Shape Austin’s Future at RedistrictATX.org
The City Auditor’s Office has launched a citywide community outreach campaign for the City’s redistricting process. The City Auditor is looking for volunteers to serve on the Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission and the Applicant Review Panel.
Redistricting is the process for residents to redraw the boundaries of the council districts every ten … Read More
Austin, Texas – The Austin Public Testing Enrollment Form that allows the community to complete an online assessment for COVID-19 testing is now live on AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.
The new tool allows the public to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms without having to see a physician. The form will use an algorithm based assessment to evaluate whether or not an individual should be referred to a free testing site.
Completion of the online assessment will not guarantee referral to a testing … Read More
This headline from KUT says it all: “Judge Throws Out City Council Votes On New Austin Land Code, Putting Rewrite In Jeopardy.” Here’s the link to the article: hthttps://www.kut.org/post/judge-throws-out-city-council-votes-new-austin-land-code-putting-rewrite-jeopardy… Read More
Land Development Code third reading council meetings will start Tuesday, March 31. See below for the full meeting schedule:
Tuesday, March 24 from 4pm -12am
Saturday, March 28 from 9am -12am
Third Reading Special Called Meetings
Tuesday, March 31 from 9am -12pm
Wednesday, April 1 from 9am -4pm
Thursday, April 2 from 10am -12am
Tuesday, April 7 from 9am -12am (if needed)
Third Reading Location:
City Hall Council Chambers 301 W 2nd Street
Or, you can watch live … Read More
•Residences within 200 feet of Buell Avenue could be adversely affected by the proposed new zoning on Buell Avenue. The city’s proposed new zoning violates the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan and calls for massively dense redevelopment on Buell (MU5B-Q zoning) which is the most intense mixed-use zone and will allow residential, commercial, or mixed-use buildings up to 60 feet/5 stories, with an additional 30 feet/3 stories allowed with multifamily residences up to 5 to 7 or 8 … Read More
Council just passed Draft 2 of Austin’s revised Land Development Code. There’s still one more vote – to be held in late March or early April — to go. Here’s what happens to single-family housing in North Shoal Creek:
- 26 homes on Rockwood, Boxdale, Firwood and Steck are rezoned to R4.
- R4 is the least intense transition zoning and allows for up to 8 units per lot.
- All other single-family homes in North Shoal Creek are rezoned to R2A.
… Read More
• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
Please keep the right of way clear by following these rules from Austin’s Public Works Department:
… Read More
MU5A: High-intensity multi-use residential, office, service, retail, and entertainment uses
MU5B: high intensity residential & commercial, including storage and auto-related businesses
- Minimum lot size: 5,000 sq. ft. if multifamily; 48 dwelling units/acre + unlimited AHBP (Affordable Housing Bonus Program)
- Minimum lot size: 1,800 sq. ft. live/work or townhouse; 24 dwelling units/acre; no AHBP
- Setbacks from property lines: 5’ front – 5’ side street – 0’ side-0’ rear
- Compatibility setbacks <75’ wide lot: 5-5-15-30
- >75’ wide lot: 5-5-20-30
- Height max. :
… Read More