The Media committee’s responsibilities are to keep the NSCNA residents informed on current neighborhood issues including publication of a quarterly Newsletter as well as maintaining and updating the official NSCNA website.
The Committee uses four methods to communicate with the residents of the NSCNA:
- Official NSCNA website located at www.nscna.org. This is where all official messages from the NSCNA officers and board members are located.
- Official NSCNA discussion mailing list located at groups.yahoo.com/group/nscna/. This an open access discussion mailing list where all residents can post messages. The messages are posted and archived on the Yahoo website and residents can also have newly posted messages sent to them via email.
- Official NSCNA newsletter. The newsletter’s printed edition brings news to the residents of the neighborhood who do not have Internet access available to them, while the online color version provides convenient, readily available online access to neighborhood news. Newsletter issues dating back to 1996 are posted at www.nscna.org under the Newsletter tab.
- General Membership Meetings. We hold general meetings four times a year to update the residents on current issues the NSCNA has been working on. Please check our calendar at www.nscna.org/calendar for the date and time of upcoming meetings.
- Cast Iron Plumbing. Available for your information is this document related to CAST IRON PLUMBING
The NSCNA’s newsletter, the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood News, is published every three months: a Spring issue in mid-March; a Summer one in mid-June; Fall in mid-September, and Winter in mid-December. It contains information related to the neighborhood and issues of concern for our members. Residents are encouraged to submit articles on topics of neighborhood interest to newsletter [at] nscna [dot] org. We also encourage NSCNA members interested in writing, journalism, advertising, and online communication via websites, blogs, social media, etc. to join the Media Committee. If you are interested in joining, please email mediachair [at] nscna [dot] org
To advertise in our newsletter, please contact Sharon Justice at newsletter [at] nscna [dot] org. To see or download our advertising information flyer, please visit this link: NSCNA_Adv_Info_2015