The garden beds are built, the fence posts are in the ground, and the water tap plan has been approved by the City. Our neighbors and friends have put in nearly 500 hours of labor to create our neighborhood community garden. We are already coming closer as a community by building this garden piece by piece, and by hand.
The garden is still slated to open this fall, with a big ribbon-cutting ceremony to kick it all off! Sign up today to secure your plot by e-mailing Sarah Brandon at gardenchair [at] nscna [dot] org. It’s never too late to get involved with the community garden committee. We are looking for anyone interested in a leadership role to assist with compost operations, volunteer outreach, fundraising, and more. Almost any skill set comes in handy when building and operating a project of this size.
Between the bonds we’ve forged and the garden we’ve built, we’ll be “growing together” for years to come!
Additional Ways to Help
- Donate your time and labor. Our workdays are the third Saturday and fourth Sunday of each month, our calendar can be found here: http://www.nscna.org/ourcalendar.
- Make an in-kind donation of gardening/landscaping supplies.
- Donate money via the Sustainable Food Center. You can:
- Donate online by visiting the online donation form and specify our garden name, “North Shoal Creek Community Garden”
- Make a check out to the Sustainable Food Center and specify in the memo line our garden’s name, “North Shoal Creek Community Garden”