The City of Austin has a water waste ordinance in effect year-round. If you see any of the violations below, please call the anonymous Water Waste Hotline at 512-974-2199. Below are a list of violations to report:
1. Failing to repair a controllable leak including a broken sprinkler head, a leaking valve, or a leaking faucet;
2. Operating a permanently installed irrigation system with the following:
· a broken head,
· a poorly-adjusted head that sprays pavement or street, or
· a head that is misting due to high water pressure
3. During irrigation:
· allowing water to run off a property causing a trail of at least 50 feet, or
· allowing water to pond in the street or parking lot to a depth greater than ¼ inch.
From May to September, commercial entities are prohibited from watering during the daytime, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you see a commercial property watering during these times, please call the Water Waste Hotline at 974-2199.