NORTH SHOAL CREEK CHARACTER DISTRICTS
Residential Core (Yellow)
- Characteristic of most single-family areas
- Can include houses of worship, libraries, parks, schools, fire stations, etc.
- Specific character will vary in different parts of Austin
Neighborhood Transition (Gold)
- Mostly residential
- Serves as a buffer between more and less intense areas
- Wide variety of housing (apartments, cottage courts, townhouses, row houses, etc.)
- Depending on local conditions — a small amount offices/ local-serving commercial
Neighborhood Node (Light Purple)
- Mixed use district
… Read More
WE NEED YOUR HELP DIGGING IT!
Our next workday is Saturday, May 20th
9:00 AM to Noon
The plan is to start a compost pile and begin putting in a drip irrigation system. Of course, we’ll also do some digging.
PLEASE COME HELP!
To volunteer, just email Sarah Brandon at gardenchair [at] nscna [dot] org and tell her you’ll be there.
Want some more information?
Check out our new Community Garden webpage: www.nscna.org/garden/… Read More
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
TUESDAY, MAY 2nd 6:30-8:00 PM
IN THE PILLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARY
- Project Connect presentation to include discussion of Cap Metro’s Connections 2025 Plan
- Discussion and Vote on Rezoning Request for 8701 N. MoPac and Restrictive Covenant Removal
- Discussion of Buffered Bike Lanes on Steck
- Updates on our Neighborhood Planning Process, our Neighborhood Partnering Process, and our Neighborhood Garden
- Info on Likely Effects on North Shoal Creek of Recent City Council Approval of Strategic Housing
… Read More
A document created by City of Austin Planning and Zoning Department staff has been posted on our nscna.org wesite. You will find the document at this link: PlanningProcessGuide
It summarizes the input staff received from participants at the first five planning process meetings. Also in the Planning Process Guide are a draft of North Shoal Creek’s Future Land Use Map (FLUM) on page 22 and, on page 24, the draft FLUM annotated with participants’ comments from meeting #5.
Our 6th … Read More
Use this link to view the map:
To see how your home will be zoned under Code Next, just type in your address.… Read More