NATIONAL NIGHT OUT is our nation’s premiere crime prevention event. This year, it’s Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017, from 7:00-9:00 pm. North Shoal Creek needs neighbors to step forward and host a block party or other related event for your street. The deadline to register your event is 5:00 pm, Friday, Sept. 15th
For info on registering your block party or other type of event online, go to http://www.austintexas.gov/page/national-night-out-registration#overlay-context=user
Registering early increases your chances of having police officers, firefighters, … Read More
The City Planning and Zoning Department (PAZ) released the Draft Quality of Life Element (QLE) on June 16, with a deadline of 10 days for comments. Due to the insufficient time for review of the element, plus numerous incorrect and/or objectionable items contained in the draft it was decided that NSCNA should request additional time and submit a revised QLE.
Representatives of NSCNA met with officials from PAZ, other City staff and Council Member Leslie Pool’s staff on July 12 … Read More
Join us for our annual parade and celebration on Tuesday, July 4th from 9 – 11:30AM at Pillow Elementary School. We’ll be awarding contest prizes, raffle prizes, and there will be food and games for everyone.
- Gather in the circle drive at the Pillow Elementary School entrance at 9:00AM.
- There will be a brief opening ceremony at 9:10AM.
- The parade will begin around 9:20AM.
- We will be announcing raffle winners at 10:30AM.
Be sure to dress in your … Read More
This announcement is copied from the Brentwood Neighborhood Association’s blog. This is a joint Crestview NA and Brentwood NA meeting, but North Shoal Creek residents are invited to attend and can ask questions too.
“Mayor Steve Adler Comes to Brentwood to Discuss CodeNEXT
Wednesday, June 21st • 7pm
Location: Faith Lutheran Church Activity Center at 6600 Woodrow Ave (corner of Woodrow and Ruth)
Mayor Steve Adler will attend our joint meeting with Crestview Neighborhood Association to discuss the new CodeNEXT… Read More
There’s a new project afoot our neighborhood needs to get involved in. It’s the Shoal Creek Trail Project, sponsored by the Shoal Creek Conservancy. If/When it’s successfully completed, the trail will include our neighborhood. We received this invite to a series of meetings about the project; please go if you can!
“You’re invited to join Shoal Creek Conservancy for the first of a series of three Shoal Creek Trail: Vision to Action Plan community meetings. The Conservancy, a
The North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association will hold a General Membership meeting on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 6:30 PM to 8 PM, at Pillow Elementary School Library, 3025 Crosscreek Drive. Activities at the meeting will include:
- Proposed changes to Steck Ave striping (Representatives from the City Transportation Department will be there to discuss the changes)
- Rezoning of property along 8600-8700 MOPAC
- Neighborhood Plan
- Neighborhood Partnering Program
- Community Garden
NORTH SHOAL CREEK CHARACTER DISTRICTS
Residential Core (Yellow)
- Characteristic of most single-family areas
- Can include houses of worship, libraries, parks, schools, fire stations, etc.
- Specific character will vary in different parts of Austin
Neighborhood Transition (Gold)
- Mostly residential
- Serves as a buffer between more and less intense areas
- Wide variety of housing (apartments, cottage courts, townhouses, row houses, etc.)
- Depending on local conditions — a small amount offices/ local-serving commercial
Neighborhood Node (Light Purple)
- Mixed use district
Here’s a list of CodeNext related events and resources sent to us by Michael Gaudini of Leslie Pool’s District 7 office. Please note that the Tuesday, May 16th Code Next Conversation is the one that applies to North Shoal Creek:
“Our office has created a webpage with links to different CodeNEXT-related resources and event information. You can find it here: www.d7atx.com/codenext. Please spread this information to your neighbors so we can increase engagement on CodeNEXT.
CodeNEXT Community Conversation