From the City of Austin’s Corridor Program Office regarding construction this summer along Burnet Road:
“Thank you for your interest in the Burnet Road corridor! We have some exciting projects kicking off and wrapping up this summer that will implement critical safety and mobility improvements for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Braker Lane: Construction of sidewalks at, and near, the Burnet Road/Braker Lane intersection is expected to wrap up this month, pending any weather delays. The prioritized pedestrian and bicycle improvements … Read More
From the North Shoal Creek Board of Directors: For the second year in a row, we need to cancel NSCNA’s meetings and events because of coronavirus restrictions. We regret this, but we’re hoping to be able to resume meetings and events this fall and to hold a luminaria in December.
If you have questions or want more information about this decision, please email us at directors [at] nscna [dot] org.… Read More
Due to Covid restrictions, North Shoal Creek’s 2020 Luminaria has been canceled. We hope to resume this tradition in 2021.
Sharon Justice, Chair, NSCNA Media Committee… Read More
Austin, Texas – The Austin Public Testing Enrollment Form that allows the community to complete an online assessment for COVID-19 testing is now live on AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.
The new tool allows the public to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms without having to see a physician. The form will use an algorithm based assessment to evaluate whether or not an individual should be referred to a free testing site.
Completion of the online assessment will not guarantee referral to a testing … Read More
This headline from KUT says it all: “Judge Throws Out City Council Votes On New Austin Land Code, Putting Rewrite In Jeopardy.” Here’s the link to the article: hthttps://www.kut.org/post/judge-throws-out-city-council-votes-new-austin-land-code-putting-rewrite-jeopardy… Read More
Council just passed Draft 2 of Austin’s revised Land Development Code. There’s still one more vote – to be held in late March or early April — to go. Here’s what happens to single-family housing in North Shoal Creek:
- 26 homes on Rockwood, Boxdale, Firwood and Steck are rezoned to R4.
- R4 is the least intense transition zoning and allows for up to 8 units per lot.
- All other single-family homes in North Shoal Creek are rezoned to R2A.
… Read More
• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
A photo album of the mosaics installed on the Steck Avenue Bridge is now available on NSCNA’s Facebook page at http://facebook.com/nscna, along with a link to the City of Austin Public Works Department photos of the event and a link to the KVUE video that aired as part of its 10:00 p.m. news broadcast on December 14, 2019.
… Read More