Austin, Texas – The Austin Public Testing Enrollment Form that allows the community to complete an online assessment for COVID-19 testing is now live on AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.
The new tool allows the public to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms without having to see a physician. The form will use an algorithm based assessment to evaluate whether or not an individual should be referred to a free testing site.
Completion of the online assessment will not guarantee referral to a testing … Read More
This headline from KUT says it all: “Judge Throws Out City Council Votes On New Austin Land Code, Putting Rewrite In Jeopardy.” Here’s the link to the article: hthttps://www.kut.org/post/judge-throws-out-city-council-votes-new-austin-land-code-putting-rewrite-jeopardy… Read More
Council just passed Draft 2 of Austin’s revised Land Development Code. There’s still one more vote – to be held in late March or early April — to go. Here’s what happens to single-family housing in North Shoal Creek:
- 26 homes on Rockwood, Boxdale, Firwood and Steck are rezoned to R4.
- R4 is the least intense transition zoning and allows for up to 8 units per lot.
- All other single-family homes in North Shoal Creek are rezoned to R2A.
… Read More
• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
A photo album of the mosaics installed on the Steck Avenue Bridge is now available on NSCNA’s Facebook page at http://facebook.com/nscna, along with a link to the City of Austin Public Works Department photos of the event and a link to the KVUE video that aired as part of its 10:00 p.m. news broadcast on December 14, 2019.
… Read More
NSCNA’s annual Luminaria Walk is Wednesday, December 18, from 6-8 pm at the Pillow Elementary School track. All North Shoal Creek residents are invited to come enjoy a beautiful luminaria walk followed by hot cocoa and cookies with your neighbors.
Arrive early (4 pm) to help set up, or stay late (8-ca. 8:45) to help take down.
Thank you to Austin Telco Federal Credit Union for sponsoring NSCNA’s 2019 Luminaria Walk!
… Read More
From NSCNA Beautification Chair Mary Jane Holland Wier:
“I would like to thank all of our wonderful volunteers and neighbors who contributed to the success of the Steck Bridge Mosaic Project.
A heartfelt thanks to the following:
Amelia and Brian Cobb
Patti and David Garing
Darlene and Steve Watson
Veronica … Read More