• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
A photo album of the mosaics installed on the Steck Avenue Bridge is now available on NSCNA’s Facebook page at http://facebook.com/nscna, along with a link to the City of Austin Public Works Department photos of the event and a link to the KVUE video that aired as part of its 10:00 p.m. news broadcast on December 14, 2019.
… Read More
NSCNA’s annual Luminaria Walk is Wednesday, December 18, from 6-8 pm at the Pillow Elementary School track. All North Shoal Creek residents are invited to come enjoy a beautiful luminaria walk followed by hot cocoa and cookies with your neighbors.
Arrive early (4 pm) to help set up, or stay late (8-ca. 8:45) to help take down.
Thank you to Austin Telco Federal Credit Union for sponsoring NSCNA’s 2019 Luminaria Walk!
… Read More
From NSCNA Beautification Chair Mary Jane Holland Wier:
“I would like to thank all of our wonderful volunteers and neighbors who contributed to the success of the Steck Bridge Mosaic Project.
A heartfelt thanks to the following:
Amelia and Brian Cobb
Patti and David Garing
Darlene and Steve Watson
Veronica … Read More
Mark your calendar and be sure to come!
The dedication of the mosaics added to the Steck Avenue Bridge just west of the Steck/Daleview intersection will be held Saturday, December 14, from 10-11 a.m. at the bridge.
The mosaics were designed and created by a group of dedicated volunteers who worked on this project for months. Their hard work paid off, and the results are beautiful! Thank you to the Beautification Committee and to everyone who worked on this beautiful … Read More
The “School News” article on page 9 of our Fall/Sept. 2019 newsletter said that “One option being considered to solve the problem of morning and afternoon traffic jams on Crosscreek is to make Crosscreek one-way going east.” Pillow Elementary School principal Yvette Cardenas reports that is NOT an option Pillow is considering. The article also asked that feedback on the possibility be sent to safety [at] nscna [dot] org. The feedback we received was uniformly negative. To those who … Read More
MU5A: High-intensity multi-use residential, office, service, retail, and entertainment uses
MU5B: high intensity residential & commercial, including storage and auto-related businesses
- Minimum lot size: 5,000 sq. ft. if multifamily; 48 dwelling units/acre + unlimited AHBP (Affordable Housing Bonus Program)
- Minimum lot size: 1,800 sq. ft. live/work or townhouse; 24 dwelling units/acre; no AHBP
- Setbacks from property lines: 5’ front – 5’ side street – 0’ side-0’ rear
- Compatibility setbacks <75’ wide lot: 5-5-15-30
- >75’ wide lot: 5-5-20-30
- Height max. :
… Read More
North Shoal Creek is zoned to contain 3 of the 5 zoning codes proposed for multifamily areas in the draft LDC. Please see the map below for the locations of our neighborhood’s multifamily zones.
RM2 (the triplexes and fourplexes on Mossrock & Dawnridge Circle):
- Min. lot size for a multifamily dwelling: 5,000 sq. ft.
- Min. lot size for a live/work dwelling or townhouse: 1,800 sq. ft.
- Number of dwelling units per acre: 24 base, with an additional 36/acre under
… Read More