From the City of Austin’s Corridor Program Office regarding construction this summer along Burnet Road:
“Thank you for your interest in the Burnet Road corridor! We have some exciting projects kicking off and wrapping up this summer that will implement critical safety and mobility improvements for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Braker Lane: Construction of sidewalks at, and near, the Burnet Road/Braker Lane intersection is expected to wrap up this month, pending any weather delays. The prioritized pedestrian and bicycle improvements … Read More
This headline from KUT says it all: “Judge Throws Out City Council Votes On New Austin Land Code, Putting Rewrite In Jeopardy.” Here’s the link to the article: hthttps://www.kut.org/post/judge-throws-out-city-council-votes-new-austin-land-code-putting-rewrite-jeopardy… Read More
Council just passed Draft 2 of Austin’s revised Land Development Code. There’s still one more vote – to be held in late March or early April — to go. Here’s what happens to single-family housing in North Shoal Creek:
- 26 homes on Rockwood, Boxdale, Firwood and Steck are rezoned to R4.
- R4 is the least intense transition zoning and allows for up to 8 units per lot.
- All other single-family homes in North Shoal Creek are rezoned to R2A.
… Read More
• Wed., Dec. 11, 2019 — Austin City Council votes 7-4 to approve the LDC on first reading, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting no. Council Member Pool offers an amendment to recognize the right of property owners to protest LDC zoning changes. Her amendment fails 4-7, with Alter, Kitchen, Pool, and Tovo voting in favor.
• Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019 — A group of 19 homeowners sue the city, asking that Council’s approval of the rewrite be invalidated … Read More
MU5A: High-intensity multi-use residential, office, service, retail, and entertainment uses
MU5B: high intensity residential & commercial, including storage and auto-related businesses
- Minimum lot size: 5,000 sq. ft. if multifamily; 48 dwelling units/acre + unlimited AHBP (Affordable Housing Bonus Program)
- Minimum lot size: 1,800 sq. ft. live/work or townhouse; 24 dwelling units/acre; no AHBP
- Setbacks from property lines: 5’ front – 5’ side street – 0’ side-0’ rear
- Compatibility setbacks <75’ wide lot: 5-5-15-30
- >75’ wide lot: 5-5-20-30
- Height max. :
… Read More
North Shoal Creek is zoned to contain 3 of the 5 zoning codes proposed for multifamily areas in the draft LDC. Please see the map below for the locations of our neighborhood’s multifamily zones.
RM2 (the triplexes and fourplexes on Mossrock & Dawnridge Circle):
- Min. lot size for a multifamily dwelling: 5,000 sq. ft.
- Min. lot size for a live/work dwelling or townhouse: 1,800 sq. ft.
- Number of dwelling units per acre: 24 base, with an additional 36/acre under
… Read More
Existing single family zoning in North Shoal Creek becomes R2A zoning, with this exception: single-family houses along Rockwood between Steck and Anderson become R4. R4 is the least-intense missing middle zone in a transition area.
What can be built in an R2A zone? A maximum of 2 dwelling units, although a home qualifying for a preservation incentive could build a total of 3 units
- On a 5,000 sq. ft. lot: 1 single-family home, a duplex, or a single-family home with
… Read More
From the City of Austin:
The City of Austin is pleased to announce the North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan was unanimously approved by City Council on August 23rd. The plan is now an element of the Comprehensive Plan, and the North Shoal Creek Future Land Use Map will guide land use decisions within the planning area.
Thank … Read More